One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for allspice (sense 1 and Jamaica pepper sense 2)
- ‘The closest he got to a black pepper was the capsicum peppers we call chili peppers, and the allspice plant, also known as Jamaica pepper.’
- ‘Mince two or three onions, add the vegetables, and season with salt, black and Jamaica pepper.’
- ‘It is also know as Jamaica pepper, common name applied to the berry of a small West Indian tree of the myrtle family.’
- ‘Mixture of aromatic tropical berries with coriander, black peppercorns, white peppercorns, Jamaica peppers, aniseed, and caraway.’
- ‘Other vernacular names for allspice include pimento and Jamaica pepper, but these are not used commercially.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.