One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for allspice (sense 1 and Jamaica pepper sense 2)
- ‘Mixture of aromatic tropical berries with coriander, black peppercorns, white peppercorns, Jamaica peppers, aniseed, and caraway.’
- ‘Other vernacular names for allspice include pimento and Jamaica pepper, but these are not used commercially.’
- ‘The closest he got to a black pepper was the capsicum peppers we call chili peppers, and the allspice plant, also known as Jamaica pepper.’
- ‘Mince two or three onions, add the vegetables, and season with salt, black and Jamaica pepper.’
- ‘It is also know as Jamaica pepper, common name applied to the berry of a small West Indian tree of the myrtle family.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.