One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Yes.‘‘Let's go swimming.’ ‘Ja!’’‘ja, this is the life!’
- ‘Ja, I really can't further comment on it other than what I've said, Alec.’
- ‘'See here - ja, he got his licence from us.'’
informal Used as an expression of embarrassment, apology, or world-weariness.‘ja well, you've seen it all’
- ‘Dave's comment on the matter when I told him the story was simply; ‘ja well, now you know why there are not that many hang-gliders and micro-lights flying around in Transkei hey - especially in the mating season!’’
- ‘Ja well, that doesn't work. My will power is weak lol.’
ja well no fine
informal Used to express a non-committal, resigned, or ironic attitude.
- ‘Ja, well no fine! Just been to Lesotho two weeks ago, hey? Mmmm, you like the place, hey? Ja, boet, it's the best!’
- ‘Erm, ja, well, no, fine officer. My son must have stolen it, for I never knew about it. And I certainly never used it!’
Jamaica (international vehicle registration).
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.