One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A type of ashtanga yoga focusing on the correct alignment of the body, making use of straps, wooden blocks, and other objects as aids to achieving the correct postures.
- ‘Iyengar, taken from the teachings of yoga guru B.K.S. Iyengar, emphasizes proper alignment in each posture for balance and strength, with the extensive use of props to assist people in maximizing their abilities in each posture.’
- ‘She is certified by Integrative Yoga Therapy and is trained in both the Iyengar and Ashtanga traditions.’
- ‘They did 90 minutes of Iyengar yoga three times a week, resulting in lowered pain severity and less need for medication, along with a boost in mood.’
- ‘I've been doing Iyengar yoga as a supplement to martial arts, because I have terrible breath control and trouble with foot cramps.’
- ‘Iyengar - The main focus of Iyengar yoga is precise alignment of muscles, bones and joints.’
Named after B. K. S. Iyengar (1918–2014), the Indian yoga teacher who devised this method.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.