Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for flat-leaved parsley
- ‘If you like Pasta with a little bit of stronger flavour, I recommend using coriander instead of the more mild Italian parsley.’
- ‘Use any favorite fresh herbs; we had the best results with leaves of Italian parsley, small sprigs of rosemary, and oregano leaves.’
- ‘They peeked open nearly instantly, and Kate ladled out big servings for each of us, scattering them with Italian parsley.’
- ‘Then there is French and Italian parsley, and mint in a whole range of flavours.’
- ‘Then added fresh mushrooms, chopped fresh spinach and Italian parsley.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.