One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A terrier of a rough-haired light reddish-brown breed.
- ‘A bargeman was sculling in a small boat in the vicinity, and along with him in the boat was a dog of the Irish terrier breed.’
- ‘The Irish terrier, who lives with owner Pamela in Keighley, was put on a strict diet after his weight rocketed to almost five stones.’
- ‘There are more than 50 traditionally docked breeds recognised by the Kennel Club, including cocker spaniels, pointers, Irish terriers and vizslas.’
- ‘Before that, a series of Irish terriers served as the official mascots.’
- ‘Two joggers rushed to the scene, just off Chadwick Hall Road in Bamford, after being alerted by the frantic barking of the Irish terrier.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.