One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The interconnection via the Internet of computing devices embedded in everyday objects, enabling them to send and receive data.‘if one thing can prevent the Internet of things from transforming the way we live and work, it will be a breakdown in security’
- ‘The internet of things is likely to extend into the home, with a range of IP-enabled appliances: smoke detectors, fridges, microwaves, boilers - almost anything that is at present connected to the power grid is expected to get an IP address sometime in the future.’
- ‘He also envisions an "Internet of Things" that will link every item sold, from a can of Pepsi to an Armani dress shirt, to its own Web page, tracking it from manufacturer to warehouse to transport and beyond.’
- ‘Just as encryption that relies on factoring needs to fear the looming threat of quantum computing, so too the internet of things needs to be equipped with much stronger authentication, he concluded.’
- ‘Logistics professionals love to talk about the "Internet of Things" and as with any communications network, security is a lively topic of discussion here as well.’
- ‘The internet of things promises to reshape our lives as fundamentally as the introduction of the railway, but with less public consent or even debate about its arrival.’
- ‘He's calling it the "internet of things" - with scanners everywhere linked to databases following trillions of items.’
- ‘Furthermore, the internet of things would have no on/off switch.’
- ‘That electricity usage should be the first major domestic application for the internet of things is something of a poetic beginning.’
- ‘Health care is a key area for companies to make their mark in the "Internet of Things," or the ever-growing Web of connected devices.’
- ‘This is likely to give rise to an Internet of Things, a state of uber-connectivity.’
- ‘For a start, it seems we need a new word for 'total information society' - this internet of things.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.