Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A set of rules governing the format of data sent over the Internet or other network.→ IP
- ‘They can use some of the inherent characteristics of the Internet Protocol itself.’
- ‘Nuera Communications is a typical niche company hoping to profit from broadband's move to Internet Protocol (IP) voice transport.’
- ‘The law does not cover new technologies like Voice over Internet Protocol.’
- ‘Internet telephony lets users make voice calls over any Internet connection, particularly broadband, using Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP).’
- ‘The NHSnet core infrastructure is currently not provisioned to transport Voice Over Internet Protocol (VOIP) traffic.’
- ‘The tablets can also be used to help students learn how to use technologies like Voice Over Internet Protocol.’
- ‘The two-way Internet Protocol (IP) path established via DOCSIS becomes the fulcrum for new, packet-styled services.’
- ‘The legislation would stimulate investment in, and encourage the rapid deployment of, Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) and other Advanced Internet Communcations Services.’
- ‘Secondly, eBay wants to cement Skype's premier position in the Voice over Internet Protocol market.’
- ‘DCHP is a communications protocol that lets network administrators manage centrally and automate the assignment of Internet Protocol (IP) addresses in an organization's network.’
- ‘It derives session keys that permit Internet Protocol traffic to be encrypted.’
- ‘The ENM can provide communication networks based on the Army Data Distribution System Interface or Internet Protocol structures.’
- ‘IPv6, the next version of the Internet Protocol.’
- ‘Last week BT confirmed its intention to migrate its national phone network to an Internet Protocol (IP) platform.’
- ‘With a simple microphone and headphones, using Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) technology, you can call anywhere in the world.’
- ‘Jajah just landed a deal to manage VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) calls for Yahoo!’
- ‘Broadcom has unveiled the first single-chip solution for voice-over - Internet Protocol (VoIP).’
- ‘Networking in turn has made the the Internet possible, founded upon the Transmission Control Protocol / Internet Protocol (TCP / IP).’
- ‘Everybody's been getting very excited about Voice over Internet Protocol this year.’
- ‘Both Internet traffic and streaming-video traffic are transported in Internet Protocol (IP) packets.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.