One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A unique string of numbers separated by full stops that identifies each computer using the Internet Protocol to communicate over a network.
- ‘To resolve a domain name, the client sends a request with the IP address or a host name to the server.’
- ‘You have to know the exact IP address of the host server you want to join.’
- ‘In a nutshell, every computer connected to the Internet has a unique IP address.’
- ‘There is a strong belief that for a website to rank high, it must have a unique IP address.’
- ‘In the early days of the Web, every user on the Internet had a unique IP address.’
From IP, short for Internet Protocol.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.