Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
In case you missed it (used to draw attention to something noteworthy)‘ICYMI, here's a link to Sunday's podcast’
- ‘ICYMI, the summer series based on a Stephen King novel about a transparent force field that covers a small New England town recently got a premiere date.’
- ‘ICYMI, here's Dalton Ross' interview covering the finale.’
- ‘ICYMI: Our photographer took a behind-the-scenes tour of the new $295M medical center in S. Waterfront.’
- ‘The ads will start popping up in print publications and on outdoor ad spaces starting next week (and icymi, the S3 trailer is here).’
- ‘ICYMI, the two previous season 8 teasers (no new footage) are here.’
- ‘Make sure to check out Ian's briefing from yesterday, ICYMI.’
- ‘It's being discussed in this FanShot, ICYMI.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.