One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Relating to Hudson Bay and the surrounding land.
- ‘The Hudsonian emerald dragonfly (Somatochlora hudsonica) appears to be an uncommon species.’
- ‘These photographs are provided to help you identify members of the Hudsonian Godwit species and are provided here courtesy of the individual photographers, who retain copyright.’
- ‘This plant is common in the Hudsonian meadows and generally inhabits the drier soils on south and west exposures.’
- ‘The breeding range of the Hudsonian Godwit is perhaps best described as enigmatic.’
- 1.1Biology Denoting a biogeographical zone represented by the territory around the bay (north of the treeline from Labrador to Alaska).
- ‘Perfect for Hudsonian and based on my experiences did not look like a variegatus.’
- ‘It is a distinctive Hudsonian mobile zone, bounded by the Virgin River Shear.’
- ‘My objective in all cases was the beautiful park-like country lying in the Hudsonian zone.’
- ‘He took great interest in the area's overlap of two major ‘life zones’ Hudsonian and Arctic - with its significant ecological and cultural implications.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.