One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The capital of Cuba, situated on the north coast; population 2,148,132 (2008). It was founded in 1515 by Diego Velázquez de Cuéllar.Spanish name La Habana
A cigar made in Cuba or from Cuban tobacco.
- ‘The travel humidor's filled with a carefully chosen selection of Havanas.’
- ‘This is the kind of hangout James Bond might buy his Havanas in.’
- ‘We spoke to Browne over whisky and fine Havanas at the Cigar Bar at the Park Hyatt Hotel in The Rocks.’
- ‘I look forward to the day when I can order my Havanas directly from Cuba.’
- ‘He offered me a Havana cigar which, he told me, had been especially rolled with tobacco he had purchased from the estate of the late comedian Ernie Kovacs.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.