One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A standard for connecting high-definition video devices.as modifier ‘most TVs are equipped with at least one HDMI port’
- ‘The HDMI port assures the best quality playback when connecting the notebook to a TV or monitor with an HDMI input.’
- ‘We feel we are setting the pace for the industry by offering a comprehensive lineup of HDMI products.’
- ‘HDMI seems to have had one of the fastest rollouts of any display and audio interface in the past few years.’
- ‘Another aspect of the projector we liked was that you can plug anything into its HDMI port.’
- ‘The back is bristling with connectors, with everything from SCART to HDMI.’
- ‘For some cable boxes, you have to choose between sending audio over the HDMI cable or the digital audio cable.’
- ‘The HDMI cables performed comparably in both our instrument tests and our visual tests.’
- ‘Your best chance of avoiding obsolescence is to buy peripherals that support HDMI.’
- ‘As you can see from our pictures, HDMI is already appearing in a wide array of devices, ranging from displays to DVD players to set-top boxes.’
- ‘Many Australian stores will charge you $30 or more for an HDMI cable.’
- ‘Both models also feature two HDMI inputs and one USB port.’
- ‘The HDMI port enables you to explore thrilling HD entertainment options.’
Early 21st century: abbreviation of high-definition multimedia interface.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.