One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A dialect of the Inuit language that is one of the official languages of Greenland, the other being Danish.
- ‘The people of Greenland speak Greenlandic, a language that is similar to the one spoken by native Canadian people.’
- ‘The official language is based on West Greenlandic, a form of General Eskimo, and is classed as a separate language because of its official position and special literary development.’
- ‘For the vast majority of the 600 students at Gammeqarfik, their first language is Greenlandic, a dialect of Inuktitut.’
- ‘Harry Potter has been translated into 60 languages including Greenlandic, Welsh, Basque and Macedonian.’
- ‘Lulie's name comes from the Greenlandic word for iceberg, iluliaq.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.