One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A red or white wine from the district of Graves, to the south of Bordeaux in France.
- ‘On this Mother's Day, Raise a Glass of Graves to your Mom!’
- ‘They produce a range of well-rated Graves red wines in addition to a prestigious, oak-aged dry white and a sweet wine under the Gérons appellation.’
- ‘This is a Graves with a growing reputation and a very ingenious wine case.’
- ‘With a few important exceptions, the white wines of the Graves have never been impressive.’
- ‘That aside, the red Graves produced can be fantastic. It has an unmistakable tobacco- and cedar-scented quality with a certain sense of lightness despite the firm, cabernet-based structure.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.