One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An orange-flavoured cognac-based liqueur.
- ‘Mr Tudor had the roast duckling a l' orange with bread stuffing and a Grand Marnier orange sauce for €22.50.’
- ‘To round out the evening was a plate with goat cheese with a vinaigrette of oregano flowers, onion flowers and pepper, and then finally a Grand Marnier cream with orange flowers, coffee/tea and pralines.’
- ‘‘In a Margarita, people want Grand Marnier,’ says Bleu's Amar.’
- ‘The drinks menu is spectacular, an awesome mix of classics with twists: try the Side Kick for kicks, a Sidecar with a Grand Marnier twist.’
- ‘The top shot brands at the are Jagermeister, Rumpleminz, Grand Marnier and Tuaca.’
From the name of the French manufacturer Marnier-Lapostolle.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.