Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] (in complementary medicine) a detoxifying and nutritional programme designed to stimulate the immune system.
- ‘In the best-known and most controversial approach, Gerson therapy, coffee is the very thing that is believed to work.’
- ‘The angry response of doctors to the Prince's support for the Gerson therapy for cancer is understandable.’
- ‘The actress/dancer from South Africa reminded me of a local TV newswoman who chose Gerson therapy over chemotherapy for breast cancer.’
- ‘The Gerson therapy is unproved in that it has not been subjected to systematic study.’
- ‘The Gerson therapy uses minerals, enzymes and hormones to detoxify and cleanse your body.’
Named after Max Gerson, the German physician who developed the therapy in the 1920s.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.