One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A white alloy of nickel, zinc, and copper.
- ‘Based on a re-examination of the Fletcher site materials in the early 1990s, however, Mainfort now thinks the rings are not actually silver but a ‘gray metal’ alloy, perhaps German silver.’
- ‘Nielsen Bainbridge offers a wide variety of silvers, from a raw aluminum look to a steel gray to brushed tones in its German silver.’
- ‘This trim boxwood slide rule bound tipped in German silver was designed for use by technicians in textile trades.’
- ‘Enticing showpieces from Muradabad and sleek artefacts made of German silver are the highlights of the expo.’
- ‘Rules were also produced in boxwood and German silver, but occasionally for the wellheeled customer or for making special presentation rules, ivory was substituted for boxwood.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.