Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A form of thanksgiving in the Book of Common Prayer or the Alternative Service Book.
- ‘But the General Thanksgiving understands that a true heart of thanksgiving doesn't come through training alone.’
- ‘The Prayer of General Thanksgiving is said by the minister and the congregation, and voices a final note of gratitude.’
- ‘The General Thanksgiving is said by the officiant and the people.’
- ‘The General Thanksgiving is one of the Prayer Book's greatest treasures, a prayer which many people love and know by heart.’
- ‘Then the Minister shall read the General Thanksgiving.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.