One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A form of thanksgiving in the Book of Common Prayer or the Alternative Service Book.
- ‘The Prayer of General Thanksgiving is said by the minister and the congregation, and voices a final note of gratitude.’
- ‘But the General Thanksgiving understands that a true heart of thanksgiving doesn't come through training alone.’
- ‘Then the Minister shall read the General Thanksgiving.’
- ‘The General Thanksgiving is said by the officiant and the people.’
- ‘The General Thanksgiving is one of the Prayer Book's greatest treasures, a prayer which many people love and know by heart.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.