One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A hereditary disease in which the metabolism and storage of fats is abnormal. It results in bone fragility, neurological disturbance, anaemia, and enlargement of the liver and spleen.
- ‘Gene therapy is feasible, and some preliminary studies have already been carried out in Gaucher's disease.’
- ‘He adds that this immune defect may also be present in other diseases where a build-up of waste and plaques occur, such as in cardiovascular disease and Gaucher's disease.’
- ‘But it soon added testing for a range of other conditions that are not always fatal, including conditions that are late-onset or that range in the severity of their expression - such as cystic fibrosis and Gaucher's disease.’
- ‘It is expected to materially change the way in which patients suffering from Gaucher's disease, a disorder of the liver and spleen, will be treated in the future.’
- ‘Like them, we are concerned with the increased number of patients with Gaucher's disease who develop pulmonary hypertension.’
Mid 20th century: named after Phillippe C. E. Gaucher (1854–1918), French physician.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.