One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Mild mustard mixed with vinegar.‘a choice of English or French mustard’
- ‘At least French mustard is a whole lot milder than English mustard.’
- ‘He asks for French mustard when he orders a hot dog.’
- ‘Asked for mustard, the waitress said, ‘We don't have French mustard as this is now a modern British restaurant.’’
- ‘The recipe uses French mustard; Ismail has no qualms about ruining the cultural integrity of a dish if an alien ingredient might improve it.’
- ‘Stir a blob of mild French mustard into the dressing for a spinach salad and you will see what I mean.’
- ‘Now pass round the French mustard that you have remembered to pack.’
- ‘This smooth French mustard has a clean sharpness and medium level of heat.’
- ‘Spread the bread with smooth, mild French mustard, scatter over the onions and place the sausages on top of one slice.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.