One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A style of manicure in which the fingernails are painted pale pink with a white band at the tip.
- ‘In other personal improvement news, I'm also attempting to learn how to give myself a French manicure.’
- ‘So red is an option, French manicure is another.’
- ‘Sporting fishing waders, a ponytail, and a French manicure, Palin defended her decision to resign as Alaska governor in half a dozen interviews broadcast and published yesterday morning.’
- ‘I was unaware she had a French manicure but I think by next week she's going to have an American manicure.’
- ‘Scholtz also testified that no post-mortem sunburn was found on her body, her hair was clean and her French manicure was in pristine condition.’
- ‘Paste on a perfect French manicure in the cab.’
- ‘Somehow, French manicures and pedicures are still popular.’
- ‘You can throw a punch even with a French manicure.’
- ‘At present the most popular service is the French manicure, which costs £28 and includes artificial nails.’
- ‘The 20-minute French manicure resulted in a Cinderella - like transformation of my tatty nails.’
- ‘A French manicure in a natural shade because her dress is ivory.’
- ‘It offers everything from aromatherapy massages to traditional Chinese foot massage to Indian ear cleaning to French manicure.’
- ‘Some of them enjoyed a make-up or had a French manicure, all complimentary.’
- ‘In five minutes, this kit gave us a shiny French manicure without chemicals.’
- ‘We both got French manicures and look beautimous.’
- ‘The shapes of nails are also different in the French manicure.’
- ‘First it was bellybutton rings that started to look trashy, then five kinds of earring, skinny plucked eyebrows, French manicures, long nails and thongs.’
- ‘And as some other contributors mentioned, they drive nice cars, wear plenty of jewelry, and I've noticed a lot of the women have French manicures.’
- ‘She was in the next room at the time, waiting for Karen's expertly-applied French manicure to dry so was in no state to do the massaging herself.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.