One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Loose-fitting, wide-legged knickers, typically of silk or satin.
- ‘I don't mean French knickers, or seamless knickers.’
- ‘Available in sexy black, or versatile poudre, these gorgeous French knickers have been very popular since their introduction to our range.’
- ‘The contrast of the colours brown, gold and turquoise was used to full advantage as were innocent white lace camisoles and complementary French knickers.’
- ‘As a teenager he would buy bras, French knickers and dresses at jumble sales to wear.’
- ‘Alternatively, floaty French knickers and dainty tie side knickers with contrasting lace back can be worn with a matching cami, bra or slip.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.