Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A kiss with contact between tongues.
make love, have sex, have sexual intercourseView synonyms
- ‘That is, the first time you see the roommates French kiss or snuggle, it's fun to watch, but after a while you just want the losers to get married.’
- ‘And without so much as a French kiss, he is off to shatter Sarah's dreams.’
- ‘I do believe I have just received my very first French kiss from the most wonderful guy in the world.’
- ‘It had taken me a long time to realize something; that had been my first French kiss.’
- ‘It wasn't even a French kiss, but they both had the same feeling when it happened.’
- ‘A French kiss may feel like a sexy maneuver (especially to hormonal teens), but it's not very romantic to watch.’
- ‘While there is no right or wrong way to kiss, here are a few tips to help you create the perfect French kiss.’
- ‘Research from Paris has concluded that a typical French kiss moves 29 muscles in the face.’
- ‘She opened her mouth to his, and they shared an open mouthed French kiss.’
- ‘While we save French kisses for our most intimate partners, for example, bonobos slip each other the tongue to signal friendship and bonding.’
- ‘But they turned and began a deep, passionate, French kiss.’
- ‘Whether he's trying to set a record for the longest French kiss or getting the pulp beat out of him, his life is never far from exciting.’
- ‘I leaned over and gave him a 5-second French kiss, including a lot more tongue than I intended.’
- ‘He did and they started doing the very famous French kiss.’
- ‘At the age of eleven, we wondered what a French kiss was like, and again, we experimented with each other.’
- ‘‘Hi,’ Alisha said, going in for the French kiss, which Lyle by no means tried to escape, but before they could grope for long, they heard someone outside the washroom.’
- ‘She went up to the first guy she saw, grabbed him by the face, and gave him a French kiss.’
- ‘The General calls for everyone to board so Luke gives me one last French kiss and waves good-bye to me before boarding.’
- ‘I was so into our lovely French kiss that I didn't hear all the commotion from inside.’
- ‘He took her in his arms and gave her a deep French kiss.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.