Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A French window.
- ‘New French doors connect the dining room to a courtyard, carved out of wasted space between the house and the detached garage.’
- ‘Throw in patio and French doors, and you can see that the traditional rectangle is not the only story when it comes to covering your windows.’
- ‘It is surrounded by French doors and windows opening to a secluded garden.’
- ‘The master bedroom has a relaxation zone by the fireplace and the French doors, which open to a deck.’
- ‘New French doors create an easy connection to the deck and garden.’
- ‘A wall of windows with French doors leading to a patio gave Jody the light she wanted while also providing access to the garden.’
- ‘The roofing company failed to tarp my roof, and when it rained my French doors suffered extensive damage.’
- ‘Leakage and warping must also be taken into account when you're ready to install a set of French doors.’
- ‘It possessed other irresistible charms, including four fireplaces, several sets of French doors, and a workable floor plan.’
- ‘The architects opened up the building by adding a large window, a skylight, and a pair of French doors.’
- ‘From the kitchen, French doors open to level two, the porch garden where you can hear the Pacific thundering onto the shore a block away.’
- ‘A smaller set of French doors opens the bedroom to a covered porch so the bed can be rolled outdoors in good weather.’
- ‘The architect used French doors in place of walls and smaller windows, instantly brightening the space and opening it to a small yard.’
- ‘A set of new French doors open on a once-ignored side yard and its fountain.’
- ‘Although Karen and Joe could have squeezed in more cabinetry along the walls, they opted for French doors and floor-to-ceiling windows.’
- ‘To increase the dining room's natural light and feeling of volume, Peeling installed French doors, which open to a newly landscaped patio.’
- ‘He chose similar brick cladding, a symmetrical facade with French doors, front porches, and a sloping roof to comply with city guidelines.’
- ‘If you have French doors that open onto the outside area, selecting a window treatment is easier because you won't have to raise it every time you want to go outside.’
- ‘To let the light in, windows were added in the kitchen area above the sink, and French doors in the breakfast room now open to the garden.’
- ‘Pale yellow walls reach to a cathedral ceiling and are fitted with a wide arch-top window and three French doors.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.