Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A function derived from a given function and representing it by a series of sinusoidal functions.
- ‘First, we developed a smoothed series based on an inverse Fourier transform of the reference series.’
- ‘The amplitudes of each of the component sine waves in the Fourier transform expresses the relative contributions of each frequency of variation to the periodicity of the original data.’
- ‘These correlation functions and their Fourier transforms, the spectral densities, can be obtained directly from MD trajectories.’
- ‘The numerical computation of the Fourier transform was done with the well-established two-dimensional Fast Fourier Transform algorithm.’
- ‘In this case, we grab 1,024 samples at a time and compute the discrete Fourier transform using the fast Fourier transform algorithm.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.