Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
nountrademark in US
An annual list of the five hundred largest US industrial corporations, as measured by gross income.‘the product is targeted at Fortune 500 developers’
- ‘One third of the Fortune 500 now use cash balance pension plans, compared to only one in 1985.’
- ‘For comparison, the median net return for all other industries in the Fortune 500 was only 3.3 percent of sales.’
- ‘Today, Mexico has some of the richest people in the world and companies listed on the Fortune 500.’
- ‘I don't expect the Fortune 500, the Forbes 1,000, or any other list like that, to create the jobs.’
- ‘Over 500 top corporations, including a number from the Fortune 500, take part in the program.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.