Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] A standard high-performance serial bus for connecting digital devices together or to a computer.[as modifier] ‘a FireWire port’
- ‘When we plug in a FireWire drive or a USB storage device (such as a camcorder, an MP3 player or a digital camera), the device shows up on the desktop, in the appropriate applications and in the directory.’
- ‘Given that it features video editing capabilities, I would have like to have seen a FireWire connection included.’
- ‘Modem and networking are included, as is a FireWire port for cameras, disks and other devices.’
- ‘At the bottom of the case are the two USB ports, a FireWire connection and a mic and headphone jack.’
- ‘The image is captured, digitized, and transferred to a PC over a FireWire interface.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.