Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Fellow of the Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain.
- ‘want to play an FPS?’short for first-person shooter
- ‘Converting an FPS to the touchscreen is never easy.’
- ‘I can't play any modern FPS for more than 2 hours a session.’
- ‘Ultimately researchers concluded that playing FPS games a lot has no effect on motion perception.’
- ‘In a novel move for an FPS, Destiny is a game that puts an emphasis on co-operation.’
- ‘Good luck playing an FPS effectively without a controller or mouse/keyboard combo.’
1Feet per second.‘it fires a paintball at a speed of 440 fps’
3Frames per second.‘full-motion video at 30 fps’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.