Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The high-speed passenger rail service that links London with various European cities via the Channel Tunnel.
- ‘All of the 27 Eurostars which operate regularly on the international services are being refurbished over the next year at a cost of just under £1 million each.’
- ‘Even barbarians from London can board the Eurostar at Waterloo and emerge, blinking in the sunlight, seven hours later.’
- ‘Modern Railways award for innovation in marketing: Eurostar, for new high speed services.’
- ‘Mr Brown said only two high-speed services were planned for the line: Eurostar and the fast commuter links from Kent to London.’
- ‘The Eurostar's London to the south coast high-speed link is not expected to be complete until 2007.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.