One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A setter of a breed with a long white or partly white coat.
- ‘Professional dog trainers set up kennels in Union Springs that cared for purebred English setters and pointers valued at hundreds, sometimes thousands, of dollars.’
- ‘I remember being startled that there were so many English setters in Norway; it's not a dog you'd see very often elsewhere.’
- ‘I knew of a dog-rescue group in our town that rescues English setters.’
- ‘The English setter definitely has earned and deserves the status of favorite grouse and woodcock dog breed.’
- ‘According to the report, the top 10 British dogs starts off with the English setter, described as placid, friendly and careful.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.