Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for cor anglais
- ‘Berckmans is still on board, and his oboe, bassoon and English horn remain a major part of the group's mediaeval chamber music sound.’
- ‘She is playing oboe and English horn in the Academy Concert Band and the West Point Woodwind Quintet.’
- ‘Even he played English horn on occasion.’
- ‘Delicately scored for English horn, harp, and two percussionists, it was described by the composer as ‘a garden of sounds and silences.’’
- ‘He's served as an Air Force bandsman for 20 years and can just as easily strike a tune on an English horn.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.