One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large African goose with a dark patch around the eye and either reddish-brown or greyish-brown upper parts.
- ‘The water birds hovering around the lake include pelicans, spoonbills, Egyptian geese and hammerkops.’
- ‘Herons, Egyptian geese, stilts and sandpipers are already frequent visitors to the site.’
- ‘This constant feeding of the water birds has not only attracted a large number of birds but also a good variety of species including the odd Egyptian goose and Mandarin ducks’
- ‘In their tropical African home Egyptian geese frequent rivers, marshes and lakes resorting to a wide range of nesting sites.’
- ‘Flocks of birds, including large ducks, Egyptian geese and dabchicks, were coated in oil on Wednesday.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.