One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1The standard time in a zone including the eastern states of the US and parts of Canada.
- ‘Also trivially, time depends on the coordinate system when a change is made from Eastern Standard Time to Pacific Standard Time.’
- ‘We were traveling for weeks, and my traveling partner and I were not only dehydrated, but completely unaware of the proceedings of Eastern Standard Time.’
- ‘Anyone can nominate their favorite weblogs from now until 10: 00 PM Eastern Standard Time on Monday, January 12.’
- ‘Then at 8: 55 PM Eastern Standard Time (in Indiana, same as Central Daylight Time), we set off a hotbox detector on our way into South Bend.’
- ‘Since the clock struck midnight Eastern Standard Time, marking the official beginning of July 1 and the first day of free agency, agents and GMs have been on the phone with each other.’
- ‘The assistance line will be staffed by human resources specialists Monday through Friday from 9: 00 AM- 5: 00 PM Eastern Standard Time.’
- ‘Here's the schedule as it was from noon to midnight Eastern Standard Time, on Saturday, Nov. 13.’
- ‘Operations at the range would be limited to 10.30 pm for daylight saving and 9pm for normal Eastern Standard Time, thereby limiting the ability to train pilots for night operations.’
- ‘Switching from Daylight Saving Time to Eastern Standard Time every fall is a major contributor to afternoon winter darkness in Montreal.’
- ‘To convert Universal Time, we have to subtract four hours to get Daylight Savings Time or five hours to get Eastern Standard Time, for western Pennsylvania.’
- ‘At 1: 00 A.M. Eastern Standard Time on New Year's Day, Jupiter reaches opposition - the point in a planet's orbit at which Earth lies between it and the Sun.’
- ‘Fortunately, the storm hit early Sunday morning Eastern Daylight Time, and it was over quickly.’
- ‘Since the crew had not made any announcements that I had heard, South Bend also served as my notice to switch back to Eastern Standard Time.’
- ‘After 2 a.m. Sunday, 77 counties will be on Eastern Standard Time, 5 counties will be on Eastern Daylight Time and 10 counties will be on Central Daylight Time.’
- ‘I will grant a stay until six o'clock Eastern Standard Time on Friday.’
- ‘The countdown to disaster below is given in Eastern Standard Time, which runs five hours behind our own clocks.’
- ‘The match will now be decided by the final game to be played on Friday, starting at 3.30 pm Eastern Standard Time.’
- ‘The countdown is given in Eastern Standard Time.’
- ‘President Kennedy died at 1: 00 P.M. Central Standard Time, two o'clock Eastern Standard Time.’
- ‘The Moon is at first quarter on November 4 at 2: 27 A.M. Eastern Standard Time.’
2The standard time in a zone including eastern Australia, based on the mean solar time at the meridian 150° E. It is ten hours ahead of GMT, or nine hours ahead when summer time is observed.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.