One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A pig of a reddish breed developed in North America.
- ‘Other notable USA breeds are the Duroc, a red breed from New Jersey, and the Poland China from Ohio.’
- ‘The Duroc is a heavy breed, and it yields really good roasts.’
- ‘Semen is already sent out from Landrace, Large White and Duroc for the commercial breeders, so sending out semen from rare breeds just seemed a logical progression.’
- ‘But while there were Saddlebacks, Welsh Blacks, Large Blacks, Large Whites, Lops, Landrace and Durocs, among others, there were no Tamworths.’
- ‘In addition to these Chinese samples, the genomes of three European pigs were examined: Landrace, Large White, and Duroc.’
Early 19th century: from the name of a stallion that is said to have been bought by the breeder Isaac Frink on the same day as the pigs from which he developed the breed.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.