One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Brief, tight-fitting denim shorts for women, typically made from a pair of cut-off jeans.
- ‘You know how it is in Hollywood; if you have no discernible talent except the ability to look good in a pair of Daisy Dukes, you're pretty much done by the time you're 25.’
- ‘The real question is, "Can she bring Daisy Dukes back into style?"’
- ‘They are not supershort as Daisy Dukes, and they're not as long as your much-loved crops.’
- ‘This was an upscale hotel and I showed up wearing cut-offs reminiscent of 'daisy dukes', a half shirt with "ASU Athletic Dept" barely visible and torn under the arm, and a pair of flip flop sandals with a loose sole.’
- ‘People used to say "put your daisy dukes on" and stuff like that.’
- ‘When I was about 10, the style was the Daisy Dukes.’
- ‘You shouldn't go to your own door in daisy dukes or thongs - that's what hotel-room doors are for.’
- ‘I'm going to wear some Daisy Dukes, and I've been working on my gams.’
- ‘My two friends sported lacy daisy dukes and skintight red velvet tops with white fluff around the edges.’
- ‘The list of fashion breakthroughs stretched on through the years: biker shorts, Daisy Dukes, huge clock necklaces, African medallions, fat gold chains, sportswear.’
- ‘And there's nothing I like more on a hot summer day than getting outside in my daisy dukes and a white tank top to hose off the side of the house in my bare feet.’
- ‘Training for those Daisy Dukes gave her a little more girl power.’
- ‘I'm going to wear some daisy dukes.’
- ‘And you should see me in a pair of Daisy Dukes.’
- ‘They are selling their brains, experience, wisdom, hearts and commitment, which are really hard to market in a pair of Daisy Dukes, no matter what age you are.’
- ‘It may be warm out but that doesn't mean you have to wear a tube top and Daisy Dukes.’
1990s: from Daisy Duke, the name of a character in the 1970s US television series "The Dukes of Hazzard", who often wore shorts of this type.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.