One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or denoting an ancient Greek (chiefly Dorian) sculptural style of the 7th century BC.
- ‘This bronze Daedalic statuette, perhaps of Apollo, dates from the 7th century circa 630 BC and is approximately 6 inches high.’
- ‘This Daedalic style had flourished from the second quarter of the seventh century to its end.’
- ‘Rooms 5 and 6 contain finds from the Daedalic Period, thought to be the final years of glory of ancient Crete.’
- ‘The two statues themselves are dated as early 6th century BC, which was the time of transition from Daedalic to early Archaiac art.’
- ‘This statue is an example of Daedalic art, characterized by its triangular head and flat face.’
From the name Daedalus + -ic.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.