One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A new phylum that has been proposed for a minute marine invertebrate ("Symbion pandora" ) that was discovered in 1995 attached to the mouthparts of lobsters. It is related to the phyla Bryozoa and Entoprocta.
- ‘In the original description we stated that the Cycliophora are related to Entoprocta / Ectoprocta.’
- ‘The phylogenetic position of Cycliophora is not settled, and more ultrastructural and molecular data are needed.’
- ‘The marine Cycliophora is the most recently described phylum in the animal kingdom.’
- ‘Also unresolved are the phylogenetic positions of Cycloneuralia, Chaetognatha, Gnathostomulida, Cycliophora, and Micrognathozoa.’
- ‘The remaining members of this novel metazoan clade were Rotifera, Acanthocephala (together Syndermata), and Cycliophora.’
Modern Latin (plural), from Greek kuklios ‘circular’ + pherein ‘to bear’.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.