One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A Scottish law court responsible for listing cases to be tried in Scotland.
- ‘A fixed-penalty alternative to court is also certain to be welcomed by the Crown Office and procurator fiscal service.’
- ‘The evidence of the High Court crisis comes from figures recently released by the Crown Office, which handles the prosecution service for the Scottish Executive.’
- ‘It does not make decisions on criminal prosecutions or jurisdictions, which are a matter for the Crown Office or the requisite authorities.’
- ‘These included the Crown Office and procurator fiscal's office as well as the police and interpreting services.’
- ‘The Crown Office says 1,825 drivers have been reported to the prosecutors, the vast majority for failing to pay their fines.’
- ‘The investigator leading the battle against bootleggers has complained to the Crown Office that procurators fiscal are ignoring clear-cut cases of copyright theft.’
- ‘While in Edinburgh she will visit the Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal Service's Victim Information and Advice office in the city centre.’
- ‘In the Crown Office list the judge refused to allow her to re-open the issue of the ownership of the home, and this court upheld that decision.’
- ‘Justice department officials are consulting with senior Scottish police officers and legal experts at the Crown Office with a view to toughening up legislation north of the Border.’
- ‘A spokesman for the Crown Office said the decision to grant bail by the courts was dependent on the individual circumstances of the case.’
- ‘The report however recommends 12 ways the Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal Service could improve the way it handles race issues.’
- ‘He announced a raft of changes, the most significant of which is the formation of an independent inspectorate to oversee the work of the Crown Office and procurator fiscal service.’
- ‘A spokesman for the Crown Office said 61 people appeared at Edinburgh sheriff court yesterday charged with a variety of offences.’
- ‘While the police and the Crown Office have made great progress in recent years, the judiciary have been seen as isolated.’
- ‘For the first time a solicitor advocate from outwith the Crown Office and Procurator Fiscal Service has been appointed as a High Court prosecutor.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.