Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] A durable synthetic fabric.
- ‘The Cordura fabric is windproof, water resistant, rot proof and fire resistant.’
- ‘Made with a tough 1000 denier Cordura outer shell, this handy unit features 14 separate storage compartments or slots and is lined with nylon pack cloth.’
- ‘The company markets the products from Gee's division (including CoolMax, Cordura, and Lycra) to mills, retailers, and end consumers.’
- ‘Fully lined, it's made from Cordura ® nylon and polyester.’
- ‘DuPont's Cordura is not a single fabric, but is a line of more than a dozen different fabrics with various applications in the outdoors.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.