One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to the architect Le Corbusier.
- ‘A distinct change in Tange's approach appears soon afterwards with the design of the Yamanashi Communications Centre which was much more fragmented than anything that emerged from the Corbusian years.’
- ‘They undermine his creative originality - his early domestic work in particular is very Corbusian (Douglas House, Smith House) - and the collages reinforce this debt, rather than signify a clear progression.’
- ‘The Corbusian motifs of the Modulor and the open hand that recur throughout the city have little meaning for her local inhabitants.’
- ‘And it's worth noting that CEO offices in today's Corbusian towers often boast wood paneling and other warm features sharply at odds with the cold environments encasing them.’
- ‘Consider the renovation of the vast Park Hill Estate in Sheffield, one of Britain's first, and largest, housing estates, and one which had evolved specifically out of the then fashionable Corbusian doctrines.’
- ‘These consisted of more or less Corbusian slabs raised on columns, mixed with low-rise blocks in open landscaped parks.’
- ‘The rebuilding of the city was inspired by Le Corbusian ideals - interesting today to see the reality which is frankly a bit shabby.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.