Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for Greenwich Mean Time
- ‘All standard time and frequency stations broadcast Coordinated Universal Time, which is referenced to the Greenwich meridian.’
- ‘A compromise time scale was eventually devised, and on January 1, 1972, the new Coordinated Universal Time became effective internationally.’
- ‘To avoid possible confusion due to time zones and daylight savings time when reporting the occurrence of earthquakes, the times of all earthquakes are recorded in a common standard - Coordinated Universal Time.’
- ‘The reported data includes a Coordinated Universal Time time stamp, a phase measurement, and a voltage measurement.’
- ‘The label UTC indicates that you are receiving Coordinated Universal Time from the National Institute of Standards and Technology.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.