One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A system of organization among Christian churches whereby individual local churches are largely self-governing.
- ‘He seeks to remedy both the Congregationalist neglect of ecclesiology and the ecumenical neglect of Congregationalism.’
- ‘The Congregationalism of the LMS which provided autonomy for its missionaries meant that even those working in close proximity exhibited fundamental differences in their missionising strategies.’
- ‘The influence of Congregationalism in Massachusetts is also described there.’
- ‘British influence remained strong for several decades, during which the Merina court was converted to Presbyterianism, Congregationalism, and Anglicanism.’
- ‘Her brother's flirtation with Universalism and her own ‘excommunication’ from Congregationalism provide the sparks for this story.’
- ‘We know that from the earliest decades of their enslaved sojourn in North America, some Africans converted to Christianity, e.g., Congregationalism, Anglicanism, and Quakerism.’
- ‘This dominant social class was, however, marked by religious crisis, with that great Boston oddity, Unitarianism, constituting a rebellion against traditional Calvinist Congregationalism.’
- ‘Finally, I'm not particular about tax breaks, nor do I hold a brief for Congregationalism or whatever it was your pastor used to say, but I do think it might be a good thing to revisit the simplistic conclusions of your Inner Fourteen Year Old.’
- ‘As late as 1865, outside London, one third of the ministers within Congregationalism - the most prosperous and bourgeois evangelical denomination - had no ‘collegiate training’.’
- ‘Christianity, represented by the Congregationalism of the LMS and its modem-day successor, the United Church, has become a tradition in itself since its introduction in the late 19th century.’
- ‘When the rector of the Cambridge Anglican church, East Apthorp, printed comments that attacked the Puritan basis of Congregationalism, he responded with an attack of his own.’
- ‘Separation of the Unitarians from the orthodox Calvinists was complicated by the status of Congregationalism as the established church of Massachusetts until 1833.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.