One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in England) a type of secondary school set up through partnerships between the government and business to teach technology and science in inner-city areas.
- ‘Local education authorities, the Treasury and other parties interested in the formation of City Technology Colleges were encouraged to become involved.’
- ‘It would itself receive some Government cash for changing its status from a City Technology College into an academy specialising in music.’
- ‘We believe that part of the role of the City Technology Colleges is to be pioneers at the leading edge of developments in education and that we have a duty to pass on our experiences to others.’
- ‘He told me to start a City Technology College - the Government's semi-independent elite schools.’
- ‘It was envisaged that each Academy or City Technology College would send at least one delegate to this important event.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.