One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to the Cimmerians.
indistinct, faint, vague, ill-defined, unclear, blurred, blurry, misty, hazy, foggy, veiled, cloudy, clouded, nebulous, fuzzyView synonyms
- ‘Cimmeria begins its collision with Laurasia to form the Cimmerian orogeny.’
- ‘Like other blocks of the Cimmerian continent, the Baoshan block rifted from Gondwanaland.’
- ‘Throughout this interval the Indo-China, Sibumasu and Cimmerian mini-continents lay just to the south/west of South China and were slowly amalgamating with that block.’
- ‘The Cimmerian islands, the present Turkey, Iran and Tibet, broke completely free of the Australian craton and moved rapidly to the north.’
- ‘A full Jurassic succession is rarely preserved in the southern North Sea Basin because of erosion associated with the late Cimmerian unconformity.’
1A member of an ancient nomadic people who overran Asia Minor in the 7th century BC.
- ‘Finally, when I got to the mission where the Vikings and Cimmerians were to join forces, the game couldn't load the mission without crashing.’
- ‘The first identifiable groups to populate what is now Ukraine were Cimmerians, Scythians, Sarmatians, and Goths, among other nomadic peoples who arrived throughout the first millennium B.C.’
A member of a mythical people living in perpetual mist and darkness near the land of the dead.
- ‘His eyes adjusted to the now familiar gloom of the Cimmerian's headquarters.’
- ‘There the people dwell, Of the Cimmerians, in eternal cloud And darkness.’
Via Latin from Greek Kimmerios + -an.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.