One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The branch of Christian theology relating to the person, nature, and role of Christ.
- ‘Feminist theology, for example, gets more space than Christology, more than Trinity and Holy Spirit combined.’
- ‘Son recognizes that Paul's anthropology is wedded to other themes in Pauline theology, and hence he explores Paul's Christology and ecclesiology to derive a Pauline anthropology.’
- ‘One Christology, cosmic Christology, reminds us that the Scriptures and church tradition affirm that the gift of God in Jesus Christ is for all of creation.’
- ‘But Christology or soteriology or theodicy, Haught argues, will not make sense unless theology addresses the scientific description of the cosmos.’
- ‘Most of the book is devoted to demonstrating how this is so, as Ward deals with the specific doctrines of the fall, soteriology, Christology, and eschatology.’
- ‘Much scholarly discussion of Mark has concluded, one way or another, that Christology, not soteriology, proves to be its major concern.’
- ‘Rather, he wishes to place ‘each theologian side by side to gain a fuller understanding of Christology and anthropology’.’
- ‘By comparison with the male thinkers, Christology in all three of the women theologians involves much more reference to the Trinity and to the relationality of the divine persons.’
- ‘One does not have to read very deeply in the scholarly literature on eschatology, the gospels, or Christology before running into the writings of Richard Bauckham.’
- ‘Is a new edifice of theological thought, one that tends to deconstruct biblical and classical Christology, a theology that the Christian community requires in our time?’
- ‘These lines of argument are no longer based on either the theology of creation or Christology.’
- ‘He draws conclusions from his incarnational Christology for nature.’
- ‘In sum, by combining Christology from above with Christology from below, Dupuis has affirmed the divinity of Jesus Christ and at the same time affirmed the humanity of Jesus Christ.’
- ‘At the shrine itself, and in the devotions surrounding the mandatory baths, the principle that Mariology is Christology could not have been more explicit.’
- ‘In this way, while Maximus's Christology precludes the kind of theology of glory to which Luther objected, it also rules out a Marcionite rejection of material creation.’
- ‘The relation between Christology and pneumatology has been an important element of contemporary ecumenical discussion especially between eastern and western Christians.’
- ‘Here the theological subdivision he introduces is Christology, construed broadly enough to include discourse that bears in almost any way on Jesus.’
- ‘More precisely, I propose that spiritual theology proper is structurally to pneumatology as soteriology is to Christology.’
- ‘So much modern Christian theology, when developing the relations between anthropology and Christology via ecclesiology, has assumed modern notions of subjectivity.’
- ‘Some theologians hold that neither Christology from below nor Christology from above is adequate in itself.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.