Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Christmas.as modifier ‘this video's a must for your Chrissie list’
christmas, christmastime, christmastide, festive seasonView synonyms
- ‘Now that's done and dusted back to the Chrissy list.’
- ‘This year has been such a bumper year for games we've had to split our normal Chrissy special over two editions.’
- ‘I checked under the Chrissy tree and it wasn't there either.’
- ‘In true Chrissy spirit the band will be handing out a few free CDs, so get down there early for a boogie and some freebies.’
- ‘With only 5 Saturdays to go before Chrissy, the first of the popular Xmas hampers is up for grabs in the 2-person ambrose competition.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.