Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An animal of a very large white breed of cattle, kept for its lean meat.
- ‘Examples are the French Charolais, Limousin, Simmental, and Blonde d' Aquitaine, the Italian Chianina, and the Belgian Blue.’
- ‘Gregory et al. reported that progeny of Red Poll, Hereford, and Angus sires had significantly lighter birth weights, less calving difficulty, and greater survival to weaning than progeny of Maine Anjou, Chianina, and Gelbvieh sires.’
- ‘It's no surprise that beef features prominently in Tuscany, considering that it's home to the Chiana Valley (near the center of Italy), home of the Chianina steer.’
- ‘Other successful farmer-owned brands include those found in cheese production such as Parmesan, lentil production in Castelluccio, Chianina ground beef, Champagne, and olive oil from several different ‘ideal’ locations.’
- ‘When they compared cows by breed of sire, the ranking order was Maine Anjou, Chianina, Brahman, and Simmental.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.