Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A small group of marine invertebrates that comprises the lancelets.
- ‘The groups Urochordata, Cephalochordata, and Vertebrata are all currently considered chordates, which has a page as well.’
- ‘Deuterostomia are a major group of metazoans composed of three phyla: Chordata (including three subphyla: Vertebrata, Cephalochordata, and Urochordata), Hemichordata, and Echinodermata.’
- ‘The immediate outgroup of craniates, the Cephalochordata, show strong asymmetry during development.’
- ‘Although this classification is widely accepted, some authors recognize three chordate phyla: Urochordata for the urochordates, Cephalochordata for the lancelets, and Vertebrata for the vertebrates.’
- ‘For this reason, the three subphyla, Urochordata, Cephalochordata, and Vertebrata, will be treated separately.’
Modern Latin (plural), from cephalo- ‘head’ + Greek chorda cord.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.