One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small group of marine invertebrates that comprises the lancelets.
Subphylum Cephalochordata, phylum Chordata
- ‘The groups Urochordata, Cephalochordata, and Vertebrata are all currently considered chordates, which has a page as well.’
- ‘Deuterostomia are a major group of metazoans composed of three phyla: Chordata (including three subphyla: Vertebrata, Cephalochordata, and Urochordata), Hemichordata, and Echinodermata.’
- ‘Although this classification is widely accepted, some authors recognize three chordate phyla: Urochordata for the urochordates, Cephalochordata for the lancelets, and Vertebrata for the vertebrates.’
- ‘For this reason, the three subphyla, Urochordata, Cephalochordata, and Vertebrata, will be treated separately.’
- ‘The immediate outgroup of craniates, the Cephalochordata, show strong asymmetry during development.’
Modern Latin (plural), from cephalo- ‘head’ + Greek chorda ‘cord’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.