One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The standard time in a zone that includes the central states of the US and parts of central Canada.
- ‘Since I'm writing this in the early evening, Central time, of June 30, I can state with some confidence that there has been no ‘darkening of the skies,’ or even one impact, much less three.’
- ‘A small part of Oregon is on Mountain time, and the Florida panhandle is on Central time, just one hour off.’
- ‘We got word just a little while ago that the judges will announce a verdict here tomorrow morning, 11: 00 a.m. Central time.’
- ‘The toll free line is available Monday through Friday from 9: 00-6: 00 pm Central Standard Time.’
- ‘Indiana, which dubs itself the ‘crossroads of America,’ is surrounded by four states that are divided between the Eastern and Central time zones.’
- ‘Atlantis' astronauts were awakened shortly after 4 a.m. Central time today to begin their ninth day in space.’
- ‘I am almost exactly straight north of Fairwater, which is Central Standard Time.’
- ‘To them, this time of year is a nightmare: After 2 a.m. Sunday, 77 counties will be on Eastern Standard Time, 5 counties will be on Eastern Daylight Time and 10 counties will be on Central Daylight Time.’
- ‘At 2: 12 p.m. Central time, the Packers' last selection of the draft, in the sixth round, is announced.’
- ‘All times expressed from here to this point in our return trip will be in Central Daylight Time (although in this part of Indiana, it's actually Eastern Standard Time).’
- ‘He also said we should turn our watches back one hour, as we would be entering Central Daylight Time when we left this station.’
- ‘Since it is due into Chicago at 10: 26 AM Central time, this was exactly the time we should have already been in Chicago Union Station.’
- ‘On December 3, 2002, at 8: 37 AM Central time there was another remarkable event when a strobing object came into view.’
- ‘Here's the description of tonight's program which starts at 9 PM Central time.’
- ‘This is similar to much of Texas, which should (by longitude) be mostly in the Mountain time zone instead of the Central time zone.’
- ‘Barnett offered an on-the-spot Election Day legal opinion about what to do when poll workers inadvertently opened the polls at 7 a.m. Central time, an hour too early according to the law.’
- ‘Tune in to our Northern Alliance show from 12 to 3 today, Central time.’
- ‘The Northern Alliance Radio Network will then be available world-wide on Saturday afternoons, 12-3 p.m., Central time.’
- ‘Since my body was still operating on Eastern Standard time, even though I was in the Central time zone, I told her to go ahead and ready the room for nighttime.’
- ‘They're going to have a debate at 10: 00 a.m. Central time, 11: 00 a.m. on the East Coast, tomorrow morning.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.