Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for streptocarpus
- ‘The Cape primrose is also a cloud-forest plant, growing on the windward slopes of Table Mountain in Cape Town.’
- ‘‘And I can hardly live without the Cape primrose, Streptocarpus ‘Black Panther’ - its velvet blooms are a treasure.’’
- ‘The understorey has been planted with many interesting South African forest dwelling trees, shrubs and groundcovers including Cape primroses and colourful spurflowers (Plectranthus).’
- ‘Otherwise, grow your Cape primrose the same way you would a gloxinia or African violet, with moderate light and household temperatures.’
- ‘After two or three years, I find the flowering performance of my Cape primroses starts to decline.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.